GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR McNIFICENT SEVEN COMMUNITY FUND (THE “SCHEME”)
Grant: An amount of funding between £500 and £1,000 awarded to assist with carrying out a community venture, activity or project which in the Promoter’s opinion:
- Will provide genuine benefits and assistance to UK communities; and
- Strives to make communities safer, better and happier places
(“Community Project”). One Grant will be awarded to one Community Project per month of this Scheme.
Nomination: To nominate a Community Project to be considered for the award of a Grant, simply go to www.mcewans.co.uk/mcnificentseven (the “Website”) and complete a nomination form.
No. of Nominations: One nomination per person per month of this Scheme.
Opening Date/Time: 00:01 on 07/01/2020.
Closing Date/Time: 11:59 on 31/07/2020.
- The Promoter is Marston’s PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as Marston’s Beer Company) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the “Marston’s“).
- Nominations are open to residents of UK aged 18 or over. Employees/directors/trustees or anyone else involved with the Community Project, its employees/directors’/trustees’ immediate families/households, may submit a nomination, but will not be eligible to receive a Grant.
- Internet access is required to participate in the Scheme. The nomination form requires the following information: (i) full name and contact details (email address and contract number) of the nominator; (ii) the community group and/or person(s) responsible for running the Community Project; and (iii) purpose of the Community Project and details of how the Grant will be used.
- Any person associated with the Community Project, or any general member of the public, may submit a nomination. Maximum of one nomination per person per month of this Scheme.
- Only those Community Projects which in the Promoter’s opinion are eligible will be considered. Community initiatives which involve general fundraising appeals or activities (including individual achievements for sporting or academic competitions) or areas understood to be the responsibility of statutory authorities will not be eligible to receive a Grant.
- Nominations will be retained by the Promoter for the duration of this Scheme and for a period of 6 months thereafter to enable the Promoter to administer the award of the Grant. Unsuccessful but eligible nominations submitted in any given month will continue to be held and roll over to following month(s) until the remainder of the Scheme for further consideration. If you do not wish for the Promoter to retain a nomination, you may contact the Promoter via the details in clause 21.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the award of a Grant in any given month of this Scheme, if in the Promoter’s opinion it has not received, or does not hold, any eligible nominations.
- Nominations must not be made using a false name or email or contain any false information. The Promoter may refuse, remove, or suspend any nomination at any time if there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Nominations may only be submitted via the Website and entries by email, post or facsimile will not be accepted.
- Any nominations which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party for commercial gain will be deemed invalid.
- Nominations received after the Closing Date/Time will not be considered.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion, for personal non-commercial purposes use only.
- Please refer to the nomination page on the Website for full details of the Grant.
- Grants will be determined by a panel of judges based on the clear criteria as per the entry requirements from all complete, eligible and properly submitted nominations received. Judges names are available on request.
- The Promoter (in its sole discretion) will decide the amount of the Grant awarded depending upon the individual requirements of the relevant Community Project. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a Community Project is selected to be awarded a Grant, the Promoter will contact the relevant community group and/or persons responsible for running the Community Project (the “Grant Recipient”) and/or the relevant nominator, via the contact details submitted on the nomination form.
- Grants will be awarded subject to the relevant Grant Recipient agreeing to enter into separate terms and conditions with the Promoter.
- Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the Grant, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any Grant with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this.
- The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the Grant Recipient and/or nominator, but if there is no response within 5 days, or the contact details are invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the award of the Grant and re-allocate the Grant without liability.
Data Protection and Privacy
- In accordance with the current guidelines that govern promotions in the UK, if a Grant is awarded, the Promoter may publish, or make available on request, information that confirms an award took place – that is the surname and county of any persons associated, or otherwise involved, with the Community Project, and the nomination itself. You have the right to object, or to ask for less information to be made available. If you wish to object, or if you have any questions or comments regarding data and privacy, please contact our data team by emailing DataSecurityInformation@marstons.co.uk.
- We may wish to use the personal data of the nominator or any persons associated, or otherwise involved, with the Community Project to announce the award of a Grant and for reasonable promotional purposes connected to the Scheme. Again, if you wish to object, please contact the data team.
Limits on the Promoter’s responsibilities and Indemnities
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or injury resulting from participation in this Scheme or acceptance and/or use of the Grant.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, strikes, disputes, third party website or platforms (including social media) not in its direct control or the acts.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to a participant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter’s responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to a participant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with this Scheme shall be limited to the value of the relevant Grant awarded to such participant and/or Grant Recipient.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants’ ability to participate in this Scheme. The Promoter does not guarantee that the Website will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
- The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- Each participant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
- In accepting a Grant, all Grant Recipients agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter without recompense.
- Subject to clause 21, the name and county of Grant awards can be obtained for up to 6 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of this Scheme.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any nominations or participants who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
- The Website may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter’s partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any participants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law. These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk
- If you have any questions or comments regarding this promotion, or these terms, please contact us at the above address or using the “Contact Us” section of the Website. Please clearly state the name of the promotion.